Ultraziq is an extended encoding library built on top of the x264 AVC encoder and x265 HEVC encoder libraries, designed to meet the advanced requirements of commercial video solution providers, from TV broadcasters, streaming media services, and video encoding hardware and software developers.
Fast Adaptive Bitrate Encoding
Streaming video providers generally utilize adaptive bit rate encoding; encoding each video title to multiple bit rate tiers. By encoding multiple bit rates in parallel while intelligently sharing insights across multiple x264 or x265 instances, Ultraziq can encode to multiple bit rates at twice as fast as with x264 or x265 alone. The results are virtually identical in quality and efficiency to encodes that are done individually.
High Performance Live Encoding
Ultraziq is also enabling high quality live 4K encoding on affordable hardware. Video service providers prefer the flexibility and visual quality of software-based encoding solutions. Until now, due to the extreme computational demands of high quality 4K HEVC encoding, broadcasters have had to resort to expensive 4 socket or cluster-based servers. Ultraziq can produce high quality, high bit rate 4K, 10 bit video at 60 FPS on a dual socket server, enabling software-based quality and features at an affordable system cost.
Quality Optimized Live Encoding
Ultraziq also features an advanced control system which dynamically maximizes quality while insuring real-time performance. Instead of using conservative quality settings to insure real-time performance, live video encoding is dynamically optimized to achieve much higher quality on any computer platform.
- Does Ultraziq use a different version of x264 or x265?
- No. There are no private forks of x264 or x265. Ultraziq uses the same x264 and x265 that is available under the GPL v2, or under commercial licenses. Ultraziq is designed to improve video encoding capabilities for many commercial use-cases. It does this through a higher-level library that adds features before the encoder library, such as custom video analysis or processing functions, and by adding a library above x264 and x265 that is capable of running multiple encoder instances in parallel.
- Why are you offering Ultraziq ?
- Ultraziq leverages MulticoreWare’s strengths in high performance software, computer vision and machine learning, enabling us to provide even greater value than what is possible using x265 alone.
- Aren’t you competing with your commercial licensees?
- No. Ultraziq is not a full transcode application; it does not include functions that are readily available elsewhere – container file support, mux/demux, other audio or video codecs, etc. Ultraziq is a core HEVC encoding library, designed for commercial transcoders and cloud media processing.
Download the x265 HEVC Upgrade!